Since Scarlett started eating solid food there have been some big changes...downtown. Twice a day she has an explosion of poop that looks like we just poured the baby food directly onto her diaper. At first I thought that all of her poops were orange regardless of what we fed her and then I fed her peas... Brandon says it's like we have a tube baby - in one orifice and out the other. Like an earth worm. Scarlett never seemed to mind a dirty diaper before, but now it seems to really bother her. I don't blame her! These dirty diapers are serious business! Most of the time I have to change her clothes and wipe her down with a wet washcloth. Yesterday it was so bad that I gave her a bath. Thank goodness this only happens twice a day and almost like clockwork - one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. And it's good to know that she's eating - the proof is in the pooping.
2 comments:
Given I spend my days talking about such things, I feel the need to add a little interesting fact. Many people think that when their child starts teething, they start to get diaper rash. But actually, what's going on is that lots of teething happens at the same time (sometimes) as solid foods. And solid foods = "sticky" poop = diaper rash. If you're not careful. And if you don't use the best baby wipes ever. And I think we know what those are. Also interesting: I have seen synthetic "sticky" poop before used for product research. True story.
Oh, Tiffany. What would I do without you and your sage advice? And you know I'm not kidding.
Post a Comment